Business Analyst - Capita CSDS
March 2014 - December 2017
Working within a software development environment I am a Business Analyst leading the design for a Java based multi platform (Android/Windows Phone) application for the public sector. Responsibilities include:
- Experience working as a Business Analyst using Agile SCRUM methodologies as well as working in an Agile Kanban environment.
- Involved in offsite client workshops, specifically working with the public sector to gather requirements and flush out technical issues.
- Internal workshop facilitation working with developers and testers to do Task breakdowns.
- Define detailed functional and non-functional requirements for major features within the product offering.
- Evaluate customer specification documents and identify variances against the current product definition.
- Good understanding of mobile user experience to enable the design of UI layout for mobile use.
- Understanding 3rd party API’s and how to connect to them.
July 2013 - March 2014
Between the months of July 2013 and March 2014 I started my own consultancy business helping small companies and start ups get their IT systems configured. I also designed a few websites for clients which helped develop my own skills. This was a good experience but I was still searching for a full time position and when I was offered the role at Capita I decided to take it.
Business Analyst - Lumesse
January 2012 - July 2013
Business analyst working with product management teams in Germany and development teams based in Mumbai. Responsibilities included:
- Work on an internal software solution that allows easy posting of job ads to multiple job boards. Daily tasks include agile meetings and the management of project plans.
- Responsible for gathering job board requirements and specifications. Liaising with all stakeholders to integrate XML based job board feeds. Daily problem solving to help consultants integrate and configure job board feeds.
- Involved in the UX design for the new job posting system, using balsamiq software to create screen mock-ups to aid the development team.
- Writing of user guides, software release notes and scope documents.
Business Analyst - Lumesse
Janruary 2008 - January 2012
- Research and produce user requirements and functional specifications for new and existing web based products, working closely with developers, project management and release management based in various locations globally.
- Work closely with developers, product management and QA to ensure optimal integration of content and good functionality whilst conforming to an SDLC process.
- Responsible for setting up a "handover / signoff" procedure with clients and developers to implement new features.
- Involved in redesigning the look and feel of the system using wire frames and user stories whilst working closely with offshore development.
- Involved in multiple integrations and data migrations between different systems.
Implementation & Web Developer - StepStone Solutions
January 2007 - December 2007
- Client and candidate contact offering first and second line support.
- Creation of client career websites, this included ensuring that all sites comply with W3C accessibility.
- Supporting the Business Analyst team responsible for developing the product, I assisted in the early stages of UAT.
IT Assistant - Obvious Solutions
March 2003 - December 2006
- PC support to over 50 workstations and approx 40 employees in the office and remote locations.
- Up keep of companies network. This included TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, VPN, AD and MS Exchange.
- Web page development and graphical design.